Carousel mobile application in React Native using Expo
To run the app locally -
git clone https://github.com/Lamisa-zamzam/slidr-that-rock cd slidr-that-rock npm i expo start
- This app contains a carousel with 4 blocks.
- For each block, there is an image selected randomly from the multiple images fetched from the server endpoint and the title of that block.
- Navigation is made with next and previous buttons and also with scrolling by touch.
- Next button is disabled, if the user is at the very end of the carousel.
- Previous button is disabled, if the user is at the very beginning of the carousel.
- The server endpoint used to fetch slider data is: https://aqueous-gorge-11678.herokuapp.com/ .
- This server is made by me for this app and you can find my code here: https://github.com/Lamisa-zamzam/slidr-that-rock-server
- The app persists the last position of the carousel with AsyncStorage, and when the app closes and opens again, the carousel starts from the stored position.