A mobile application to track your gym workouts, nutrition, and connect with others
The point of this app is to help apply, solidify, and showcase my knowledge of React-Native and Typescript with a real world application. Since im going to build something, why not build something useful to myself while having the potential to spin off into a startup product?
- Users can easily track and plan their workouts and nutrition
- Users can budget and plan for their meal prep
- Users can share and seek meal prep ideas
- Users share and showcase their workout progress, and lazy asses like me come here to seek motivation in order get my myself to the gym every morning
- Users can seek and provide personal training services throught this app
- Users can socialize and meet gym buddies here
Gamification through blockchain
- User’s identity is secured on a blockchain
- User are ranked with levels akin to a game, where experience points are earned to level up
- Experience points are earned / ‘mined’ by a human driven consensus mechanism (Eg. community verifying a user’s weight lifting through video clip)
- 3rd party game developers can develop unique and customized gaming experiences (Eg. A figting game whereby the player’s stats are linked to their real world body strength.)
- Governments can incentivize people to stay fit by introducing reward programmes using this identity.
- Whatever applications and monetization schemes you can think of….(Do let me know)
For now, the persona / user of Shoken will just be me. The requirements are captured in the form of user stories, and can be found in this Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nvo7xHUMWI6QibL-x-TCNQafBufl-oqZCeSd9kj0ccc/edit?usp=sharing
UI / UX
The key user flows are documented in a flow-chart, and can be found in the
docs folder. From there, wireframes are created using Figma, which can be viewed here: https://www.figma.com/file/ocllDjLonQLTbcwJlKuiKr/Shoken-Wireframe?node-id=94%3A1276
The UI is currently at prototype stage, it will need to be redesigned by a UI/UX designer before release.
In order to save time and money during initial development, Google Firebase (Backend as a service) is used for now.
Bugs and features are tracked on Github Projects: https://github.com/users/yamiyukiharu/projects/1
Current at Phase 1 Stage 1
- Build the utility features in IOS and Android
- Launch App on
- Watch OS / Wear OS app for easy workout tracking
- Grow users
- Build social features
- Perfect utility features
- Grow users
- Build blockchain features
- Grow users
- Partner with compannies / institutions