React Native for Web
A set of classes and react components to make work your react-native app in a browser. (with some limitations obviously)
Why use react-native-for-web?
- To reuse your dumb components and your styles in the web admin version of your app (you can them rewrite or extend them after, when you have spread time to spend on them and the deadline is passed)
- To target react-native unsupported platforms with no code changes via cordova; smart tvs, windows phone, desktop apps, chromebook, firefox os, etc...
- To have a temporary non-iOS version for other platforms of your app, and then refine and extend the generated views after the app deadline
- For low-budget projects with multiple platforms as target, you can choose iOS as a "master platform" and roll out the other version as webapp. Then when the client has additional funds, you can enhance them
- To develop using non-OSX PCs, like Windows or Linux, since the majority of the debug or coding error of your app will be in the data-controller layer or in view data binding
- Browsers are a more friendly environment for standard apps that does'nt require too much mobile-device features