NOTE: I abandoned moxxy due to various technical issues with React Native and its libraries. I am, however, currently working on its successor project: MoxxyV2!
Moxxy is (or maybe will be) an experimental XMPP client that tries to be as user-friendly and modern (looking)
as possible to minimise friction for users coming from “legacy” messenging services.
The name comes from my original prototyping name
Modern XMPP Client. If you shorten it to
MoXC, it sounds like
Moxxy is currently not working. You may log in, send and receive messages but it cannot do much more at the moment.
|Post easy registration|
- Make it generally work (Simple message sending, receiving)
- Store sent files somewhere
- Make the UI look nice
- Make the login more asynchronous
- Clean and lint the code
- Add a licenses page in the setting
- Actually implement the settings
- Implement push notifications using OpenPush (+ implement a push server)
- Maybe even use encrypted push notifications
- Implement the actual registration (it is currently just stubbed)
- Also allow connections using plain TCP (depends on the XMPP library)
- Reduce app size