BlueWallet - A Bitcoin & Lightning Wallet
Thin Bitcoin Wallet. Built with React Native and Electrum.
Community: telegram group
- Private keys never leave your device
- Lightning Network supported
- SegWit-first. Replace-By-Fee support
- Encryption. Plausible deniability
- And many more features...
BUILD & RUN IT
Please refer to the engines field in package.json file for the minimum required versions of Node and npm. It is preferred that you use an even-numbered version of Node as these are LTS versions.
To view the version of Node and npm in your environment, run the following in your console:
node --version && npm --version
- In your console:
git clone https://github.com/BlueWallet/BlueWallet.git cd BlueWallet npm install
Please make sure that your console is running the most stable versions of npm and node (even-numbered versions).
- To run on Android:
You will now need to either connect an Android device to your computer or run an emulated Android device using AVD Manager which comes shipped with Android Studio. To run an emulator using AVD Manager:
- Download and run Android Studio
- Click on "Open an existing Android Studio Project"
- Android Studio will take some time to set things up. Once everything is set up, go to
- 📝 This option may take some time to appear in the menu if you're opening the project in a freshly-installed version of Android Studio.
- Click on "Create Virtual Device..." and go through the steps to create a virtual device
- Launch your newly created virtual device by clicking the
Once you connected an Android device or launched an emulator, run this:
npx react-native run-android
The above command will build the app and install it. Once you launch the app it will take some time for all of the dependencies to load. Once everything loads up, you should have the built app running.
- To run on iOS:
npx pod-install npm start
In another terminal window within the BlueWallet folder:
npx react-native run-ios
- To run on macOS using Mac Catalyst:
npm run maccatalystpatches
Once the patches are applied, open Xcode and select "My Mac" as destination. If you are running macOS Catalina, you may need to remove all iOS 14 Widget targets.
npm run test
MOTIVATION TO BUILD IT
I was not satisfied with existing iOS Bitcoin apps, especially with BreadWallet (the one I mainly used) where development stalled and they could not even deliver such features as SegWit, RBF and custom fees (at the times where custom fees were especially needed).
So I knew I could create one to use myself and let others use it.