- Download the latest release for Windows here.
- Run the installer.
- Run ProtoNative from your desktop.
- Download the latest release for Mac here.
- Run the installer.
- If you get a warning that the app is from an unidentified developer, go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General and click “Open Anyway”.
- Run ProtoNative from your applications folder.
How it works
To get started, add React Native elements to the “App” canvas by dragging and dropping them from the bottom-left bin. Rearrange elements or drag them to the trash.
When you feel like your app needs more depth, click the “Add Custom Component” button in the top-left corner and enter a name.
Add elements to your custom component by dragging them from the bottom-left bin onto the canvas in “Component Details.”
Creating a custom component will also add it to your “Add Child” bin, highlighted in purple. Drag and drop the component onto the app canvas or another component’s details to add it.
Navigate between components by clicking on the component name in the “Components” section on the left side or add state variables. Remove state variables by clicking on their names.
Switch to the “Tree” tab above your “App” canvas to see a visual representation of your app’s structure.
Running your mobile app
When you’re ready to export your app, click the “Export” button in the top-right corner.
Install dependencies and make any changes to your app as you see fit in a code editor of your choosing.
Run with “npm start” and scan the QR code using the Expo Go mobile app to view your brand new application on your own device!
Contributions are an incredibly important part of the open source community. Any contributions you make are greatly appreciated.
- Add support for more React Native components (React Native Paper)
- Add support for more React Native APIs (React Navigation, React Native Gesture Handler, etc.)
- Allow for custom styling of components
- Add attribute editing for components (e.g. changing the text of a Text component)
- Add connection to local storage for session persistence
- Containerize the app for easier installation
- Automate testing
How to contribute
- Fork the Project
- Create your Feature Branch (
git checkout -b feature/AmazingFeature)
- Commit your Changes (
git commit -m 'Add some AmazingFeature')
- Push to the Branch (
git push origin feature/AmazingFeature)
- Open a Pull Request (from
- Create a new issue on GitHub
Read about how to spin up ProtoNative for development here.
We look forward to your exciting contributions!
Distributed under the MIT License. See LICENSE for more information.
Give a ⭐️ if this project helped you!